BOX OSTEO PLUS includes 1 bottle of NUTRA D3 2000 U.I. + 1 bottle of NUTRA K2.
Upon the disappearance of the menstrual cycle (end of childbearing age), women are at high risk of developing osteoporosis and of suffering fractures, due to the rapid loss of bone mass that occurs with the onset of menopause.
Osteoporosis occurs in both men and women, but in the latter with greater incidence.
D Vitamin and K2 vitamin are a valuable aid in preventing and combating menopause-related problems such as osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases.
The primary source of D vitamin is sunlight.
When we expose the skin to the sun, we fill up with D vitamin: UV-B rays promote the production of cholecalciferol (or D3 vitamin). D3 Vitamin is then converted into calcidiol (25(OH)D) and finally into the active form calcitriol (1.25(OH)D), which has positive effects on the calcification of bones and teeth and on the proper functioning of the immune system.
With aging, the skin enzymatic system is less functional and therefore it is less efficient in the synthesis of D vitamin.
NUTRA D3 is a dietary supplement based on D3 vitamin that contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, the normal muscle function, the maintenance of normal teeth, the normal function of the immune system.
D3 Vitamin (Cholecalciferol) is known for its role :
- In the absorption of calcium, one of the main constituents of the skeleton and teeth, resulting in the prevention of bone diseases (osteoporosis and rickets).
- In the assimilation of A vitamin .
- In the muscle contraction and trophism.
- In the fight against diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- In the immune defense against viral infections.
International scientific societies define optimal blood levels of D Vitamin >30 ng/ml; on the contrary, lower values indicate deficiency/insufficiency conditions.
It is also suggested the intake of D vitamin for preventive purposes in some population groups (elderly people and post-menopausal women), regardless of clinical conditions and blood values, with recommended daily doses between 1000 and 4000U.I.
NUTRA K2 is a dietary supplement based on K2 vitamin that contributes to the normal blood clotting and the maintenance of normal bones.
K2 Vitamin is present in fermented foods (sauerkraut, natto (Japanese preparation based on fermented soya), cheeses and eggs of grass-fed animals).
K2 Vitamin is known for its role:
- In the activation of a specific protein, osteocalcin, which helps to fix calcium in bones and teeth.
- In the activation of the protein MGP, which participates in the elimination of calcium from the arteries, limiting the calcification and the related risks.
Vitamin K2 is therefore important for:
- Women in post-menopause.
- Subjects in the growth phase.
- Subjects at risk of arterial hypertension.