NUTRA B12 is a dietary supplement based on B12 vitamin (Cyanocobalamin), which contributes to normal energy metabolism, normal homocysteine metabolism and red blood cell formation. It also intervenes in the process of cell division and it contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system and the normal psychological function.
B12 Vitamin is known for its role:
- In the red blood cell production and the bone marrow formation.
- In the synthesis of DNA and RNA, as well as fatty acids.
- In the creation of the myelin sheath that wraps the nerves.
A lack of B12 vitamin is found in subjects:
- With vegan/vegetarian diet.
- Celiacs or with chronic inflammatory diseases in the intestine (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative rettocolitis).
- Over the age of 50, due to a lack of the “intrinsic factor”, an indispensable protein for the absorption of the vitamin itself, caused by an autoimmune process of atrophy of the gastric glandular mucosa.
- Who have undergone surgery on the digestive system.
- Using drugs (metformin or antacids), which reduce the absorption of the vitamin.
The consequences of a deficiency of B12 vitamin are:
- Disorders of the nervous system.
- Physical and mental fatigue.
- Muscle weakness.
- Difficulty in memory and concentration.
- Pernicious anemia.
In nature, B12 Vitamin (Cyanocobalamin) comes from specific bacteria present in the soil.
It is defined as essential because our body is not able to produce it, therefore it must be necessarily taken with food (mainly red meat, liver and fish; reduced quantity in egg yolk and aged cheese).
The formulation uses erythritol as a sweetener, that is a natural sweetener produced by the fermentation made by the yeast Saccharomyces Cerevisiae from dextrose:
- Glycemic index and insulin index equal to zero.
- Free of aftertaste.
- High digestive tolerance.
- Tooth friendly: it does not promote dental caries.